The MISSION of the HRM Department, with in the school of business & technology, is to prepare entry level Hospitality Management professionals with Essential Skills for long term hospitality career success and industry leadership. The Department also fosters research and service of direct application and benefit to the State of Maryland and the global Hospitality Industry.
SIX POINT GRADUATE CAREER SUCCESS PROFILE:
- HOSPITALITY ATTITUDE
- MARKETING MINDEDNESS
- QUANTATIVE COMPETENCE
- TECHNOLOGICAL FLUENCY
- RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- INTERNATIONAL/MULTICULTURAL SENSITIVITY
The goals of the Department of Hotel and Restaurant Management are to:
- Provide instruction and professional assistance to the students in the department.
- Provide students with an opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- Prepare students for graduate study.
- Assist students towards professionalism and an attitude of continued professional growth and individual development.
- Assist students in recognizing their responsibilities as members of society and the hospitality industry.
- Provide seminars and workshops for the hospitality industry of the State of Maryland.
- Conduct research in the hospitality field.
- Increase the quality and accessibility of hospitality education to the citizens of Maryland.
- Provide professional assistance to the citizens of Maryland
In order to meet its stated goals, the Department of Hotel and Restaurant Management will:
- Maintain a liaison relationship with professional organizations for student participation and development.
- Provide on-going advising to assist students in decisions affecting their academic programs, professional development, industry work experience, career planning and possible future study.
- Offer all courses necessary for students to complete a Bachelor of Science degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management within eight continuous semesters.
- Relate course content to contemporary issues and trends of society and the hospitality industry.
- Encourage discussion of the individual's responsibilities to society and the hospitality industry.
- Seek appropriate industry and government support to conduct research in the hospitality industry.
- Maintain a hospitality industry resource center.
- Assist the citizens and hospitality industry of Maryland through guest speaking, committee appointments, advising and other activities.