June 5 - 27, 2013
Mondays - Thursdays, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Printable pamphlet with registration form (pdf)
The GAPP workshop is a 14 day, summer pre-matriculation workshop that prepares future physical therapy, physician assistant, medical, and dental students for the pace, content, and volume of a health professional gross anatomy course.
- Open to students who have been accepted to, but not yet entered, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Medical, or Dental School. Documentation of acceptance is required.
- Preference will be granted to pre-physical therapy and pre-physician assistant students accepted to UMES.
- A maximum of 32 students will be accepted.
The participants shall:
- Experience the principal methods by which gross anatomy is taught in most health professional curricula.
- Study the anatomical structure and function of the thorax, lower extremity, and brain through lecture, readings, dissection of a cadaver, and the utilization of models, skeletal materials, and videotapes. Pre-dental students will have the option of studying the face, parotid and temporal regions of the skull instead of the thorax.
- Learn and apply effective and productive study skills and learning methods. A brief discussion of learning and teaching styles will be presented. This will include discussion of study/learning resources, disarticulated skeletons, flash cards, coloring books, and how to use the textbook and atlases.
- Experience typical oral and written quizzes and written and practical examinations on the subject matter.
Why should I attend the workshop?
Click on the picture to hear
comments by a student.
Comments by participants:
"This course is an excellent way to prepare students for the coming fall curriculum, both in material but also testing examples."
"It is a terrific way for incoming 1st year students to get acquainted with the rigors of the program as well as to begin forming relationships with classmates. By far, the best assets of the workshop are the instructors - they were terrific."
"I really like this class, I feel like it really prepared me and got me excited for the upcoming semester!"
Cost (summer 2013):
$400 for current and future UMES students
$500 for all other students
Registration Deadline: May 10, 2013
Please print the attached pamphlet for more details and for the registration form : GAPP 2013 Pamphlet