UMES Parents' Association
The UMES Parents' Association is an organization that is committed to strengthening the partnership between the University and its parents in order to enhance the parent and student experience. Membership is open to every parent or guardian with an undergraduate student attending UMES. Annual association dues are $50.00 per family and applications are available online, and during Enrollment 101 orientation, and Parents’ Weekend. The Parents Association, in partnership with the Division of Student Affairs, develops activities for the involvement of new and current parents. Events are designed to strengthen communication with other parents, promote parent participation, and support your student’s educational experience.
SAVE THE DATE
Parents Weekend 2013!!!
October 18-20, 2013
The purpose of the UMES Parents Association shall be to:
- To provide parents and/or guardians of students enrolled at the UMES with opportunities for informal input in the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures affecting the academic, physical, and social development of the students at the University.
- To provide parents and/or guardians of students enrolled at the UMES with timely and pertinent information concerning University events, and activities.
- To provide parents and others with opportunities to underwrite meaningful projects and programs for students at the UMES through financial support of scholarships, and other activities.
- To support a strong positive academic environment conducive to quality education which is beneficial to the students enrolled at the UMES.
- To promote a positive image of the UMES as a land grant historically black college and its activities and programs.
For more information please contact:
Ms. Louise Gaile
Student Services Center
2nd floor, Suite 2104, 2107
Phone: (410) 651-6443
Fax: (410) 651-7761
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ParentsAssociation@umes.edu
Hours of Operation
8:00 am - 5:00 pm