Designated And Restricted Parking Locations
- Vehicles displaying a valid UMES Parking Permit and State issued handicapped license plates or State issued handicapped hang tag will be authorized to park in handicapped parking spaces on the UMES Campus, regardless of the type of parking permit issued.
- Parking or operating a vehicle on grass, tree plots, construction areas, sidewalks, curbs, fire lanes, within 15 feet of a fire hydrant, or where it will physically mar the landscaping of the campus, create a safety hazard, interfere with the use of university facilities or hinder the free movement of traffic is prohibited at all times. Vehicles parked in these areas are subject to being cited and towed.
- Vehicles shall not enter any area of the university campus which has been closed off by barricades or other traffic control devices.
- It is impossible to mark all areas of UMES property where parking is prohibited. The responsibility of finding a legal lined parking space rests with the vehicle operator. Vehicle registration does not guarantee a convenient parking space.
- Parking for guests using the Oasis or Hawks Nest located in the Student Services Center is allowed Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., for parking lots ‘S’ and ‘T’ without a permit.
- Parking Lot “F” is a reserved parking lot for faculty and staff 24 hours a day including weekends and holidays.
- Campus Parking Lots:
||Ella Fitzgerald Performing Arts Center
||Student Development Center
||North of the Student Development Center
||North of the Student Development Center (near Wicomico Hall and Court Plaza)
||Southside of Hytche Boulevard (next to railroad tracks)
||South side of Tawes Gym (Faculty & Staff parking only 24/7)
||Northeast side of Douglas Library
||Student Residential Complex (Clusters)
||North side of Early Childhood Education Building
||Student Apartments 3, 4, 5 & 6
||Golf Driving Range parking lot (Hawks Lane)
||South side of Murphy Hall
||West side of Waters Hall
||West side of UMES Police Department
||Rear of Richard A. Henson Center
||Crop and Aquaculture
||Swine Research Facility
||Northwest side of Backbone Road across from the Student Services Center
||William P. Hytche Athletic Center
||Food Science & Technology Center
||Behind the Physical Plant
||Steam Plant (Parking for Physical Plant Staff only)
||East side of Public Safety Parking Lot (Restricted to Public Safety visitors and UMES Staff)
||In front of the Physical Plant (Restricted to Physical Plant visitors and UMES Staff)
||East side of Physical Plant (Restricted to Physical Plant visitors and UMES Staff)
||Southside/rear of Thomas/Briggs Arts and Technology Center
||East of Public Safety Building and West of the Steam Plant (Faculty/Staff only)
- Designated Parking Areas for Students (Read the * Below):
Cluster Resident (Silver)
Your designated parking areas are parking lots H and J.
*Daily between the hours of 4pm to 7am, only the resident students who reside in the Clusters are allowed to park in Clusters Parking Lot H. The Cluster parking sticker is required to gain entry.
Student Apartments and Plaza Hall (Red)
Your designated parking areas are parking lots I and J.
Harford Hall, Murphy Hall & Annex, Hawks Landing, Wicomico Hall, Nuttle Hall, University Terrace and Ct. Plaza (Yellow)
Your designated parking areas are parking lots A, B, C, D, E, U, and V.
Commuter Student Parking (Blue)
Your designated parking areas are parking lots A, B, C, E, K, S, and X.
Prohibited Student Parking Areas
Students are forbidden to park in parking lots F, G, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, T, W, Y, Z, AA, BB, CC and DD. Parking Lot F is reserved for faculty and staff 24/7, “no student parking in this lot at any time”.
Restricted Student Housing Complex Decals
Talon Square North and Arden's Run Housing Complex are restricted daily between the hours of 8 pm and 6 am, only resident students who reside in the Talon Square North complex or the Arden's Run complex are allowed to enter or park within those two student housing areas during those restricted times. Talon Square North residents must display a valid commuter parking permit and a valid Talon Square North decal to enter and park in their complex; likewise Arden's Run residents must display a valid commuter parking permit and a valid Arden's Run decal to enter and park in their respective complex. UMES Public Safety staff my enforce this regulation at other times of the day when staff is on premises and monitoring the entrances.
Parking Lot “W” Pharmacy Program exception. Pharmacy Students with a valid UMES Parking Permit and an authorized parking lot “W” decal are allowed parking in the non-faculty designated spaces of parking Lot “W”.
Reserved parking spaces are in effect 24 hours a day.
Students are permitted to park in other parking lots from 5:00 p.m. and until 7:59 a.m. and 24 hours a day on weekends.
“All guests/visitors arriving on campus should first report to University Police Department to request a temporary parking permit”.
Department of Public Safety
University of Maryland Eastern Shore