- The Maryland State Motor Vehicle Administration requires university students who operate a vehicle that is registered in another state, in your name or some one else’s and meet one of the following criteria to obtain a non-resident permit.
- Students enrolled in an accredited school, college or university of this state, a bordering state or serving a medical internship in this state, for a period in excess of 30 days.
- Persons temporarily employed in Maryland, not to exceed 1 year.
- Members of a Armed Forces of the United States or of the United States Public Health Service and serving on active duty in this state, an adjoining state or the District of Columbia.
- Persons visiting or vacationing who temporarily maintain or occupy a dwelling in this state not to exceed a period of six (6) months, and maintain a dwelling in another state.
- To obtain a nonresident application (Form VR-111) you may contact University Police at (410) 651-6590 or call M.V.A toll-free at 1-800-950-1682, TDD for the Deaf 1-800-492-4575 or you may visit the local M.V.A office
- The permit fee is $27.00.
Department of Public Safety
University of Maryland Eastern Shore