The University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) is a land-grant, historically black college founded in 1886 as the Delaware Conference Academy. Since its beginning, the institution has had several name changes and governing bodies. It was Maryland State
College from 1948 until 1970, when it became one of the five campuses that formed the University of Maryland. In 1988, it became a member of the then eleven campus (now thirteen) University of Maryland System, now known as the
University System of Maryland . UMES is approved by the state of
Maryland and fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Location and Setting
Local Accommodations - Hotels and Motels
UMES Visual identity Program