UMES Administrative Affairs Manual
Ticket Sales - University Sponsored Events
A. This statement sets forth the policies and procedures to be followed in handling and reporting ticket sales for university-sponsored events.
B. Policy. All university-sponsored functions that involve the sale of tickets for admission must adhere to the following procedures.
1. A purchase requisition, requesting pre-numbered tickets with a designated purchase price, must be submitted to purchasing to obtain tickets for the specific event.
2. Pre-numbered tickets must be audited by the Comptroller's Office before any tickets may be sold. All tickets must be reviewed to ensure that they are consecutively pre-numbered and that a designated purchase price (only one price per ticket is acceptable) is printed on each ticket.
3. Upon completion of the event, a Report of Ticket Sales(see attached copy) must be prepared and submitted to the Comptroller's Office along with all cash receipts and unsold tickets.
4. The Comptroller's Office will issue a cash receipt for all monies submitted.
5. The Comptroller's Office will perform an audit to ensure that there has been proper accountability for all tickets. This audit will also include a review to ensure that all ticket sales revenues are deposited in a timely manner. The ticket seller will be responsible for any unsold tickets and/or cash shortages. Discrepancies will be reported to the Vice President of Administrative Affairs.