UMES Administrative Affairs Manual
New Account Creation
This procedure is provided as a guideline for requesting setup of a new UMES account number.
All requests for a new UMES account number, retricted or unrestricted funds, will be made using the following procedures. The procedures are divided into two groups, Grant and Other accounts. Grant accounts shall include all sponsored research and non-research activity. Other accounts shall include scholarships, endowments, revolving and state budgets.
1. Submit a request for the establishment of a new UMES sponsored program account to the Office of Sponsored Programs
2. Submission shall include a copy of the agency award notification, proposal, approved budget and other documentation received from the granting agency.
3. The Office of Sponsored Programs shall forward a copy of the approved request to the Office of the Vice President for Administrative Affairs.
1. Submit a request for the establishment of a new UMES account to the Vice President for Administrative Affairs, with a copy to the General Ledger Account for approval.
2. The request shall include the following information:
a) State the estimated annual revenue anticipated to be deposited into this account
b) State the purpose of the account, with a detailed description of its intended use. List the types of purchases and expenditures that will flow through the account.
c) Designate the person who will manage this account and who will authorize the deposit of revenues and approve disbursements.