FRS Accounting System Users Manual
The FRS User Manual is an introduction to the Information Associates Financial Reporting System (FRS). Users will appreciate the vast capabilities and flexibility provided by this state of the art system. The systems report writing capabilities allow users to design customized reports tailored to their needs; while on-line, real-time processing provides up-to-date information.
While this is the most flexible off-the-shelf system available to higher education today, it does not have unlimited flexibility. There may be times when the system cannot meet your specific requirements. In those instances, keep in mind that the University could have spent a great deal more money developing an in-house system and still failed to meet those requirements. Any system is a compromise between what is affordable and what is required.
This manual is provided to assist you in understanding the FRS and in learning how to use the capabilities and flexibility available. We have attempted to make the manual user friendly by addressing specific questions you might have. Chapters are, therefore, organized in that manner. The manual provides information about the operation and use of the system and may be used as a training manual for new employees or as an operation manual for existing employees. The purpose of the manual is to provide specific instructional information about the following:
- Using the interactive capabilities of the system.
- Establishing FRS accounts.
- Utilizing the systems attribute capability.
- The automatic updating features of the system.
- University fund groups, account structures, subcodes and account controls.
- System encumbering features.
- System budgeting features and options.
- System interactive journal entry capability.
- System security requirements.
- System on-line screens and reports.