- PLEASE SUBMIT POWERPOINT FILES THAT ARE SAVED AS COMPATIBLE WITH POWERPOINT 97-2003. YOU CAN DO THIS ON THE SAVE AS MENU.
- If you plan to produce your own poster, please use Microsoft PowerPoint or Microsoft Word. Publisher is not compatible with large format printing.
- Give your file a unique name (not just conference_poster). If you revise and resubmit a poster, please give the poster a revised name.
- Be aware of your dimensions. We can scale your document during printing (make a 12x24 a 24x48 by scaling 200%), or you can set your page to the required dimensions when you create your poster.
- Do not use PowerPoint background graphics as they can cause problems with printing.
- Make one side of your poster 41 inches or less. If your poster is 42 inches or if you do not leave a 1/2 inch margin around the poster, there is not space for the printer to take a margin and your document will be cropped.
- Start with one of our templates and modify it to meet your needs (change color, size, background).
Faculty Technology Development and Support Center
University of Maryland Eastern Shore