• Where can I eat on campus?

The Plateau (dining hall), is located in the Student Services Center and is open Monday-Friday 7:00am-7:30pm and Saturday-Sunday 10:00am -1:00pm & 4:30pm-6:30pm Also located in the Student Services Center you have theHAWKS Nest which is a fast food style dining area where you can eat in or take out and is open Monday- Friday 11:00am-11:00pm. For the days when you are on the go and just looking for a quick snack you have Café Grandelocated in Waters Hall and is open Monday-Friday  9:00am-5:00pm.

  • Where can I hang out between classes?

The Commuter Lounge located in the Student Services Center offers you a nice a relaxing place to hang out with a Television, couches, and an area with tables and chairs to eat at or catch up on some work before class. Also in the Student Services Center you have computers throughout the building for your enjoyment to check surf the web and enjoy your favorite online social network. If you are looking to work on some assignments or just want to surf the web you also have the Computer Lab in Waters Hall.

  • How can I purchase a Parking Permit and where can I park?

Parking Permits can be purchased at the Department of Public Safety located behind Waters Halls.

  1. All motor vehicles including motorcycles and scooters operated on campus by anyone associated with UMES must be registered, regardless of ownership.
  2. Vehicle must be registered on a yearly basis at the start of the academic year, which runs from September 1 through September 1 of the next year.
  3. Registration fees are as follows:
    • Students Window Decal $30.00
    • Visitors Passes are free but you must register your vehicle at the Department of Public Safety.
  4. Vehicle decals should be properly affixed in the following manner:
    • Window decals should be permanently affixed to the inside front windshield on the driver’s side.
    • Hang tags should be displayed from the vehicle rearview mirror with the tag number facing outward.

Vehicles are not considered registered unless these procedures are followed.

  1. Temporary parking decals are valid for one week and may be obtained from the Office of Public Safety.
  2. Special parking decals for groups or individuals to visit campus should be requested in writing at least (3) three working days in advance.
  3. *UMES honors all valid parking decals from University System of Maryland Institutions.
    (ex. - Salisbury Univ.)

Commuter (Dark Blue Decal) Student Parking Permit:

  1. Lot A – Ella Fitzgerald Performing Arts Center
    Lot B – Student Development Center
    Lot C – North of Student Development Center
    Lot S – Northwest side of Backbone Road
  • Do you have a Commuter Student Meal Plan?

Yes! There is a Meal Plan designed just for you and it is a 5 Meal Plan that only cost
$648.00 per semester/ $1296.00 for the year.

  • How can I get involved?

The Office of Campus Life located in the Student Services Center provides many opportunities including student leadership, clubs and organizations, community service, Commuter Services, Intramural Sports and Recreation as well as many cultural and social student events.