UMES provides wireless network coverage to all classroom, office and residential buildings. This document is intended to provide background information as well as help for when issues arise when connecting to UMES wireless networks.
UMES Wireless Networks
- UMES-STUDENTS - This network is intended for UMES students. Authentication as a student is required.
- UMES-FACSTAFF - This network is for UMES employees only. Authentication as an employee is required.
- UMES-GUEST - This network is intended only for guests of the University. No authentication is required, however this network is very limited and should not be used by UMES employees and students who have a login account.
- UMES IT Staff has tested and confirmed wireless works with a variety of devices. Typically any device that supports WPA2 Enterprise wireless networks will work. These include Mac OS X and Windows devices, Chromebooks, as well as Android and iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad.
- Some lower-cost tablets as well as the Amazon Kindle devices do not support WPA2 Enterprise that is used on the UMES-FACSTAFF network.
Troubleshooting Connection to UMES Wireless
iOS Devices (iPad, iPhone)
- On your device go to Settings > Wi-Fi
- Disable Wi-Fi and wait about 10 seconds.
- Re-enable Wi-Fi.
- Find the connection you were having issues with in the list of available networks and tap on the Information Icon.
- Tap 'Forget This Network' and confirm removal.
- Select the network again from the list of available networks.
- Enter credentials when requested.
- When prompted about the secure certificate tap 'Accept'.
- If you are still having issues, shut down your device. Start it back up after 10 seconds and try these steps again.
- If you are still having issues, please contact our Help Desk.
- Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click Network settings.
- Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
- Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
- Click Forget. The wireless network profile is now deleted.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.
If you are prompted to enter network settings, select the following for each step.
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Server CA certificate: Do not check
- User certificate: None installed
- Identity: Enter your UMES username
- Password: Enter your UMES password